Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

{ Travel Tuesday: Frankfurt }

1


2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20

Hey everyone! We are back with another Travel Tuesday. This time I am showing you a similar destination as last week, but in another country, Germany. Frankfurt is one of the biggest cities in this region. While some people say it is not the most interesting travel destination, I found it to be an amazing city to visit in one day.

HOW TO GET THERE:
Since it is a big city, there are multiple ways of getting there. I flew with Wizzair right from my hometown, Targu Mures. If you book it in advance you can get quite cheap tickets. I arrived to Frankfurt Hahn airport, but I took the bus to Heidelberg. If you want to get into Frankfurt, there is an information desk right at the arrivals, where you can buy your ticket (around 14 euros) and they will tell you everything you need to know.

WHERE TO SLEEP:
Since I went to visit my friend, I didn't need a hostel, but I did find quite a nice one on Booking: Five elements hostel, where you can find a bed in a mixed dormitory room for around 20 euros.

WHAT TO SEE:
1. Römer: the city hall, with the typical timber-framed buildings.
2. Frankfurt Cathedral: Be sure to go up the tower to enjoy the nice view of the city and the river Main.
3. Eiserner Steg: The iron bridge 
4. Goethe House: The birthplace of Johann Wolfgang von Goethe. It was my fave destination in Frankfurt, and even if you don't really know Goethe's work, the building is worth visiting. Such amazing interior design.
There are so many more amazing places I wanted to visit, but only this much could fit in one day. There are loads of museums and new, modern buildings as well in the business area. Find more on Tripadvisor!

WHERE TO EAT:
I went to the Zeil, a big shopping mall to see the city from above and found a really nice restaurant on the last floor. The prices were OK, plus you cannot beat that view, right?

Have you visited Frankfurt? What did you like the most?
xoxo,
Saci

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar