Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Kate Winslet article reads well....


I am impressed.
I just picked up Vogue UK (Late I know, I know) and read the interview with Kate Winslet. Normally I am unimpressed with Winslet. Then something will remind me of how deadly she actually is...hear me out :
1- Watching her do that impression of herself in Extras series one was one of the highlights of the series. She was brilliant. Sent herself up brilliantly and just came across so funny.
2- She smoked roll ups the whole way through the Vogue interview. Here is a woman who can afford sterling silver cigarettes handmade by Lagerfeld if she wanted (I know such a thing could never work in reality) but she chooses to smoke the dreaded weed in the same way as most of us little people - better then that, most of us little unemployed people.
3- She swears like a trooper. I mean really swears. No feck but Fuck! I love a woman with a good command over the F word. There is something so delicious about a well dressed woman who swears like a sailor on shore leave.
4- Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind. She outshone Carey at his own game and showed him up. The better actor. Love it.

There are more reasons but I can't be arsed thinking of them! Basically she rocks in a really grounded way. I read interviews all the time where you can see the staged pathetic set up of the PR people a mile off. But this reads really well, either she's hiding it well or she really is that grounded.

One complaint though. I thought the wig in the Vogue article was stunning. It was the best I have ever seen her look. I had been hoping it was her new hair. It isn't. I've seen her since with her normal hair which isn't half as exciting or flattering!

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar