I read a post over at Strawberry Jam Anne's about how she got her Blogger name and thought it was a lovely story and well worth the read, so pop over and read it if you get a moment.
Mine is pretty simple, I'm British born, a woman, and thought the word "THAT" in front of it was sort of catchy??? I'm not very creative with that sort of thing.
What about your Blog name is there a story behind it?
On a sort of similar thread, both my parents have been married twice, so when the kids were small, we had numerous "Nana's, both Nana's and Great Grandmothers," we were a bit short on Granddad's in fact there were only ever two, so one was called Pop and the other one was called Granddad, and both are still thankfully alive. So how did we figure out how to tell the Nana's apart.......luckily all but one of them had dogs, so we tagged on the dogs name, for example Nana with Terry, Nana with Barney. One Nana, my mam's mam didn't have a dog, but she did have a flock of geese living in the field behind her, so we called her Nana with the geese.......
Over the years we have unfortunately lost many of the Nana's and are now down to just two, and neither have dogs. So if I am talking to the kids about a Nana, its either Nana in England or Nana in Georgetown, or Nana with Granddad or Nana with Pop.
When I was a child, my two Nana's were called, Top Nana and Botty Nana, as one lived at the top of a hill and one at the bottom...........I don't remember having different names for my Pop's, I must ask my mam and dad when I talk to them next. I have no recollection of any great grandparents, though I am assuming some were probably alive when I was small, I just don't remember.

0 Yorumlar