The kids have been knee deep in various computer-related activities and by the time they've finished it's ten o'clock at night and I'm too tired to string a blog-worthy sentence together.
I am now suffering from blogging bottle-neck....which could be described as the opposite to writer's block, but with a similar result. So much I want to share and post about that I feel quite paralysed with in-decision about where to start. Most of it is self-indulgent nonsense of course, but I find it helps me find the joy in the every day.
I beg your indulgence while I clear some room in my brain's hard-drive, I keep forgetting where I've put the keys/phone/kids, so it's really necessary.
* Dave and I think we should nominate ourselves for Parents of the Year after leaving 4 year old Mr Magoo at the older kids youth group last night. We didn't realise he was missing until we got to the shops and wondered why the backseat was so quiet. We further compounded our shameful behaviour by lying to him when we picked him up, saying that we were just giving him "extra playing time" with the kids. We are so bad.
* Screenagers. A term I heard recently being used to describe teenagers that are glued to screens i.e. Wii, iPhones, computers etc. We have two, with four in training. It drives me nuts. When I told them that there will be no computer games during school term there were ACTUAL TEARS.
* Megan Morton's book Home Love is my new favourite decor read. I adore this book. Run, don't walk and go get a copy. It is aspirational, yet somehow completely accessible with lots of no-nonsense tips and very definitely proves that when it comes to decorating, it's not necessarily about how much you spend. Luff it!

* Love hearing Mr Magoo saying "That Taylor Swift is really good at songs Mummy."
* Got the kids a beauty the other day....I had them believing that Miley Cyrus was dating Justin Beiber for reals. For shizzle ma izzle. Sooo much fun.
* Jane, one of my oldest, bestest friends recently got a massive promotion at her job and to celebrate, she bought me a big bottle of Jo Malone's English Pear and Freesia perfume.
I couldn't believe it. I was and am, so touched {and, by the way, smelling F-A-B-U-L-O-U-S}
Jane doesn't read my blog. In fact two of my bestest friends in the world don't read my blog. Not even once. I believe this is quite common however....please feel free to discuss.
* I borrowed this book from the library recently so I could get some ideas for my garden. It is truly wonderful. Can't recommend it highly enough. If you're a gardener, you'll probably find it impossibly superficial, but for a "virgin" like me - it was perfect. I now feel much less intimidated about giving gardening a good go.
* I recently discovered the delights of Balmain shop Quintessential Duck-Egg Blue. Prices are unmarked, which doesn't bode well. It's just lovely to look and see and absorb the gorgeous, vintage-ness of it all.


Oh my. Is this not perfect??
* I also received some of the happiest mail EVER. From the beautiful Jeanne at Collage of Life.
She ran a give-away in which none of the recipients knew what they would be receiving. In the manner of the most stylish bower-bird, Jeanne had collected a few things here and there that she loved and assured us she would match the gifts to the winners...of which there were five! Well, blow me down, I was one of them!
This is what I was amazed and touched and tearful to receive :
So many lovely, lovely parcels {insert squeal here}
A beautiful hand-written card with super-special message with X & O's on it....
Lots more to talk about....but school is back and lunches haven't been made and I have no idea where JD's winter trousers are.


0 Yorumlar