Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Saving Money on Christmas

This year more than ever I've been rethinking the money I spend at this time of year. I thought about the Christmas food. Back when I was growing up it was nothing for my Mom to spend $100 on a holiday meal and that can also be true today, but I know it could easily cost more than that. 

We normally have Italian Beef for Christmas Eve dinner, but this year I will be rethinking that and buy something on sale to make for the occasion. That will save me money by not having to buy any beef this year. 

I've thought and rethought some Christmas presents. I've also been sewing more homemade gifts this year instead of buying store bought. I refuse to go into debt to buy any Christmas presents this year. 

Last year one of the gifts my daughter asked for ended up being different from what she thought it was. As a result she wanted to get rid of it in the middle of the year, which surprised me. So, rethinking gifts is something I've thought about this year. 

Regarding buying presents for someone. I listen all year long for clues on items people would like to have. I've done this for many years even back when I was married. I bought my husband a Joe Walsh CD one year and he was so surprised when he opened it. Listening to the people you love is a very thoughtful way to let them know how much you care. 

Other things we will do this year include...

Spending less. I've already informed other family members that we will not be participating in gift exchanges this year. 

We will use Christmas decorations we already have on hand, including our tree. 

We will not be shopping on Black Friday or Cyber Monday. 

We will be creative this year. When it comes to gift giving, consider giving something from the heart instead of from a store. Something handmade and thoughtful, such as breakfast in bed, washing someone's car, or washing the windows (I would love that!), knocking a chore off their “to do list,” or simply spending time together can be meaningful and less expensive.

Have you been rethinking Christmas this year?

Belinda
~ Living within our Means ~

Would you like to support my site?

If you are encouraged by what you read here, please consider supporting this site via one of these ways. 

As an Amazon affiliate, I earn a small percentage that doesn't increase what you pay and helps me to earn a living here at Frugal Workshop. This means that any items you place in your cart and purchase within 24 hours after going to Amazon from one of my links means I will earn a small percentage from that sale. 

So, if you're going to be making a purchase from Amazon this week, I would certainly appreciate it if you would help me by going through my Amazon link to support my site. 

 2. My PayPal Tip Jar

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar