Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Thanksgiving Games

I hope everyone had a safe and happy extended holiday weekend. We sure did.

I was at a Thanksgiving dinner with about ten conservative Republicans and three normal people. The war or politics was not mentioned. Probably a good thing since it kept my mouth shut. Some who were there have in the past described themselves as, “Good Republicans”. Make of that what you will.

The surprisingly good news is that I didn’t drop the F-bomb at the gathering this year. I accidentally did last year, much to my chagrin. Well, you know, stuff happens.

Mr. Pop knew there was no way in hell I could watch the Cowboys football game without strafing the place with F-bombs, so we had a deal that we would leave the gathering of the family pilgrims and be back at the hotel in time to watch my game. We did.

We took a big slice of walnut, cranberry upside down cake with us from the feast. We went back to the hotel, changed into comfy clothes, fixed cocktails and kicked back with our cake, our cocktails and my game. Life was sweet!

And no, we didn’t participate in the national sport of trying to see who could buy the most junk for the least amount of money on Black Friday. As much as the media hyped the event, we remained on the sanity bench and avoided all personal contact with the masses. Getting up in the middle of the night and standing in line to get into a store, sounds like hellacious punishment to me. No thanks, none for me!

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar