Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

The Baby Blanket is Done!







Hooray the African Flower Baby Blanket is done!   We can all, (especially me) breathe a big sigh of relief.  No more pictures of the blanket sitting in the time out basket staring at me.  No more pictures of half made flowers, bits and bobs of baby colored yarn, and African Flowers thrown everywhere.

No more cries of, "Help" from the blanket insisting that I start working on it again.  It is done, finished, complete!  And I am thrilled.  All these pictures are sort of junk as once again the lighting was not very good when I took them.  But who can wait when a blanket that is already late needs to be wrapped up and shipped out?

I used Tatamy by Kraemer Yarns a combination of cotton and acrylic yarn, and a size H hook.  Do I love the yarn?  Well no, I think it was kind of splitty.  And much to my dismay I found a lot more of it in my stash in the yummy green shown above, that I bought ages ago to make a sweater.  Maybe the yarn will behave more if knitted?

There are 58 flowers surrounded by a 1 1/2 in. ripple like boarder. The blanket measures 34 x 39 in., a nice baby size.  I love how it turned out and am thrilled to get this one off and to its intended before she graduates from high school.

What is it about me and blankets?  I look at all you lovelies out there making blanket after blanket and I am so impressed.  I want to be more like you.  I want to love making blankets and have them thrown about my house.  I am all excited until I get about 1/2 way through and then I just want to cut my arm off.  And when I finish, even something as small as this I want to make another one.  I swear I must have a personality disorder. 

Did you  see my little buddy photo bombing  the blanket photo shoot in the second picture? 


Now onto something new.  A basket of yarn potential, what could be better?
I am planning on making Miette by Andi Satterlund.  I have been looking at this free pattern for a long time.  I am using some of my super sale yarn.  I am loving the color and the texture of this Verde Collection, Chesapeake yarn made with organic cotton and merino wool.  It feels good to have knitting needles in my hand again.  I know I act like it has been ages since I knit  Crocheting the last Elise shawl and this blanket made me want to knit.  When I force myself to do only one or the other, I want to do the one I have not been doing.  Is that a crazy sentence or what?  

A new project is a great way to start the week, fresh and clean. 

Hope you are starting the week out fresh and clean, too.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar