We have been busy and industrious here at home. Amy (15) and I sew and bake and cook and clean. There is no end to the projects and creative ideas we come up with. It does, however, wear me out.
It's important to take breaks. These are little retreats of the mind. I need to rest and enjoy the sights and sounds of the property. I love to sit on the front porch with a book and savor the nice weather.
Mr. White and I have been talking about landscaping the grounds. In England, yards are called "gardens." I would love for all the children, directed by Dad, to create a welcoming, lovely, restful place. I know nothing about yard-work. This is Mr. White's area of expertise. He has all kinds of ideas in mind. We thought we would use a small amount of money each week to buy one thing for the "garden." It might be flowers to plant, some bricks or stone for a walkway, a blueberry bush, a pretty new tree or some pink roses to plant next to a trellis. Just a few nice touches, throughout the coming summer months, to keep us all productive and taking pride in our work.
I am trying to do the same thing, here, indoors. Yet, in my case, it is more of a task of simplifying and removing the constant clutter and mail which accumulates so easily. There are always outgrown clothes or shoes. There are files and empty package containers to be discarded. Once the house is neat and tidy, that is when I enjoy cleaning the most. Do you like to vacuum a clean rug or polish a dust-free table? These are things I delight in. I love to open the windows and let the house be filled with precious, fresh, clean air. It makes home feel like a happy place to be.
Home is where holiness can thrive. It is a sanctuary and a refuge from the world.
Blessings,
Mrs. White
Subscribe to The Legacy of Home

0 Yorumlar