I noticed a foot long rip in the plastic of "Portugal" my polytunnel yesterday. We made a patch on the inside with some plastic and used polytunnel repair tape to hold the patch on. It was raining and the plastic and the tape was wet and not wanting to stick.
I looked this morning and it seems to be working. If it's dry tomorrow we will attempt to put some tape on the outside of the tunnel.
In fairness we have had our money's worth out of the polytunnel plastic covering. It's been on the frame since 2013 and it's survived some of the worst gales in living memory.
The man with the Dublin accent who delivered the tunnel kept saying to us: "If you have any problems, it's on the web!" I kept repeating "It's on the web" for months".
So I Googled polytunnel plastic plastic on "the web". Apparently if you start seeing rips on the plastic seams it means the sun (Haha that's a good un) is starting to break the plastic down. The plastic is also very milky.
Flipping heck. It will cost over 200 Euros for new polytunnel plastic and best of all. Yours truly will have to dig trenches to retrieve the buried plastic and then fold it up and take it to the local recycling centre. I am hoping the patch works and "Portugal "lasts a bit longer. At least until I can find some work or sell some of my shrubs and perennials. There's going to be no carboot sales for yonks. Bloody Covid!

0 Yorumlar