I'm so sorry I haven't been around to comment on your blogs this week. I wish I could say I would go back and try to read them all, but I'm not sure I won't miss a post here and there. I WILL try to catch up though. I promise.
This picture below is why I haven't been online this week. I had to take my handsome husband to the emergency room Sunday night. He had emergency gallbladder surgery Monday and another procedure to remove "rogue" stones yesterday. I got to bring him home late in the afternoon yesterday. They said it was to the point his gallbladder was dying and then he would have really been in trouble. I didn't even know it could do that. Apparently he has been getting so sick he was vomiting for a couple of months now but he hid it from me because he didn't want to worry my with all of my heart "stuff". Crazy, silly man. He was SO SICK on Sunday night and his back was killing him too. I have never seen him like that and I didn't like it one little bit. He turned 60 last month and this was his first time in the hospital or ER since he was 2 year old.
His boss sent him these gorgeous orchids...
And both of the following two arrangements.
The florist actually had all of the flowers in these last two photos crammed into one vase and you couldn't see the individual flowers at all, so when we got home I separated them into two vases.
Here is the oval doily I ended up making for Lori. I think this pattern was from Pammy Sue. Thank you to everyone who sent me patterns and links. I gave it to Lori on Saturday and she loves it.
Today is my big sister's birthday and I made her this bookmark for her Bible. I sure miss her and wish we lived closer to each other. She's back in Iowa in the same little town we were born and raised in. I sometimes wish I still lived there too, but I LOVE the Pacific Northwest and the mountains.
She sent me this for my birthday. It's a doormat for the camper. She knows how much I'm looking forward to lake time this year.
Mandy sent me this picture of her and Piper at the White House last week. One of her former co-workers from Portland was in D.C. for some meetings for work. They met up one morning and Mandy and Piper took her to see the sights. I love this picture of my happy girls.
Well, God obviously had a reason for us not to go on that cruise. He used my heart going wonky to keep us here. Dennis was really sick last Thursday too, but didn't tell me. Can you imagine being that sick on a boat? We would have been at sea and he would have needed surgery. That makes three out of the four of us that have had something happen. I think Larry is a little worried. Ha! Ha!
It was so good to be home together last night. I slept at the hospital in a chair for three nights because I didn't want to leave Dennis alone and came home every day to shower and change clothes. We were both glad to be in our own bed and slept very well. Mandy called, texted and face-timed constantly, as did Alex from Japan. Jamie drove over on Monday morning from Montana and arrived while Dennis was in surgery. He stayed until this morning and just texted me a few minutes ago to say he was safely home again. We have wonderful, wonderful kids who showed us this week just how much they love us even if they live far away. Our friends were here for us too, visiting, calling and praying.
It's been a rough couple of weeks health-wise around here, but I'm hoping we've now got things out of the way for 2016 and the rest of the year will be a breeze. :-)
Have a wonderful Thursday my friends and I'll try to catch up with your blogs soon.
"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God." 2 Corinthians 1:3-4
Blessings,
Betsy









0 Yorumlar