Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

I'm On The Hobby's Periphery and I'm Happy With That

I have not actively played a role playing game for years.  At least five years, perhaps longer.  But I am happy with this.  I have been able to write setting material for people to enjoy, develop monsters and tweak rules, and just enjoy all the great blog articles out there.  The only downside is I don't get to wipe out parties of player characters with my creations.  I will start up again, perhaps when I move to Michigan at some point in the next couple of years.  There's a fine hobby shop in Livonia, RIW Hobbies, who have crazy amounts of miniatures for a lot of the more popular minis games out there.  Miniatures have become my favorite thing about this hobby of ours.  I'm not an active wargamer, either.  I just love miniatures, and love to paint them.  I've been slacking lately, but I just picked up a bunch of tombstones from Renedra for an undead legion I am slowly cobbling together, for use on their bases.

I'm starting to get back in the swing of posting again, since writing game material seems to chill me out and help me deal with the pain from Crohn's disease.  In fact, if I have surgery, updates during that time would be nearly daily, since I would be down for the count for a while.  I want to get back to creating nasty creatures to destroy PCs' hopes and dreams, but that is taking a back seat to healing and trying to keep this damn disease under control while I maintain my work life at all costs, since I have tons of child support to pay.  It's hard because I have now failed to respond to the three best biologic medicines on the market.  I've even tried supplementing with turmeric extract and a multitude of other things.  Perhaps we will try immune suppressants next.  To try to understand what it's like to have Crohn's disease, just imagine that you are allergic to most things that you eat, and that it brings on nearly immediate cramps and burning pain in your gut, much like some of the worst food poisoning you have ever had.  Then imagine what it's like to have to take six to fourteen dumps a day, most of which are watery disasters.  Gross, right?  Well, that's life with Crohn's.  I just deal with it.  Of course, eventually, I won't be able to deal with it and unless it improves, I'm going to wind up with a colostomy bag of some sort.  But these are all bridges to cross at a later date.

Until those bridges need crossed, I will do my best to keep the flow of posts here going off and on, and will attempt to bring you more party-killing monsters, and most definitely more information about the world I have created.  This world may even become a backdrop for some wargame activity!

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar