Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Letting Go Bloghop



When I was young, my family moved around a lot. By the time I turned 16, I had been through eight moves through five states. I learned not to get too attached because we'd soon be moving on. I had to learn to let go because I could only bring my own stuff with me. My friends had to stay. The house that I thought was my home had to stay. What I could box up was all that was coming with me. And with each move, each new house and another lost home, I threw a few more things away.

My father was climbing the corporate ladder, which I can understand now. But at twelve years old, I didn't understand why I had to keep changing schools and making new friends. Everyone else got to stay. Why couldn't we? Why couldn't he just get a new job nearby like everyone else's dad? I didn't want to move across the country, to California. That's where all the crazy people lived.

But we ended up in California, nonetheless. And two years came a went. It was time to move again, but we weren't moving. I felt the urge to keep my distance and not get too attached, in order to make it easier when the news would inevitably come. But it didn't this time. We stayed, and as I grew older and moved out, I stayed. Now I've been in southern California for nearly twenty years, started a family, and can finally say that I am home.

<><><><><>

Kyra Lennon's novella, If I Let You Go, is currently available on Amazon. And as a special promotion, it is free to download today!

Goodreads blurb of If I Let You Go:

Madison Connor is about to lose it. Her job, that is. For three years, she’s taken care of Dominic Hartley’s five year old daughter, Tilly, but her world is flipped on its head when Dominic tells her his latest promotion is taking him to New York. With Tilly having a meltdown over the move, Madison and Dominic get into a fight that changes the entire nature of their relationship, causing Madison to ask herself a big question. Can she let him go?

Add to you TBR list.
Download your copy from Amazon.
Visit Kyra on her blog.

Thank you, Krya, for organizing this bloghop!



Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar